Thursday, May 3, 2012

Introducing the Beavers of Sherwood Glen

I'm late!  To be more accurate, this blog is late.  I probably should have started it two years ago, when I first began watching the Sherwood Glen beavers, but I didn't.  I didn't even start it last April when they completely dammed four, two-foot diameter culverts that separate our upper and lower ponds and prompted us to take action.

And so I now offer you the slightly late story of the beavers of Sherwood Glen.  The detailed story of what transpired from April 2011 up until today can be found in presentations available via the tabs at the top of this page.

In the coming weeks and months, I hope to have more video of wildlife, the beavers in action, and their impact on the ecology of the pond and population of the condos.
A very brief overview of the past year is covered in this video, and from this point on, the blog will follow the activities of the beavers and other wildlife in and around the pond.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for putting this on the Internet. It was interesting and makes me want to take a walk to the pond to see just what those beavers are doing. I hope the fence project continues to work well for all of you.
    Susan Pettigrew
    48 Arrow Lane

    ReplyDelete